The realities of hurricane season
Share This Article:
As I am writing this article on the evening of the 28th of August, Hurricane Isaac is on a direct line to New Orleans and increasing in velocity as it nears. I cannot deliberate, debate or offer any new or valid opinions on whether or not the storm will hit or how much damage will be caused if it does. What I can do is hypothesise as to what the news of its imminent arrival would mean for the people of New Orleans and ask you to do the same. Exactly seven years after complete destruction was brought to a city packed with wonderful culture we may be on the eve of a repeat event. But try putting yourself in the shoes of the residents. Those who left the city when Katrina struck returned to find their homes and belongings gone or ruined beyond repair. Their lives as they knew them had ended and as they stood amid the rubble they must have known they would have been facing an uphill battle to reach normality once again. These people were the lucky ones.
- Article continues below...
- More stories you may like...
- More than omelettes: 5 egg recipes to celebrate World Egg Day
- World Chess releases their own dating app, Mates, in build-up to World Championship match
- Mesut Özil: Arsenal midfielder leaves German national team citing 'unforgettable and unforgivable racism and disrespect'
You might also like...
People who read this also read...
CONTRIBUTOR OF THE MONTH