Recipe: Quick and easy meat free lasagna
Share This Article:
Image credit: CIRIO
- CIRIO La Classica Sieved Tomatoes (540g – 1 bottle)
- 1 kg of Lasagna pasta
- 1 litre of bechamel
- 300 grams of grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 aubergines
- 1 onion, chopped
- 5 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- Basil, pepper and salt
1. Cut aubergines into slices about 1⁄2 cm. and sauté in a pan previously heated with olive oil for 2 minutes.
2. Prepare the tomato sauce: put the rest of olive oil in a pan, the finely chopped onion, salt, pepper basil and the smooth Cirio Sieved Tomatoes.
3. Coat a baking tray with oil and spread a layer of dry lasagna. Cover with a layer of aubergine, some bechamel, some tomato sauce and the grated Parmesan cheese. Keep it going like this until the last layer of lasagna is included.
4. Bake in oven for 13 minutes at 200° (Gas Mark 6).
Quick and easy!
If this vegetarian recipe has inspired you then be sure to check out our list of ten fab new restaurant openings to see where you could go for a delicious vegetarian or vegan meal here.