Recipe: Sam Stern's Beer & Orange Chicken
Share This Article:
25-year-old chef Sam Stern has been publishing cookbooks for over 10 years. Now he’s sharing recipes from his new book – Too Good to Share – with The National Student. First up: beer and orange chicken. Sam says: “Here’s a simple, one-pot, Asian-style dish that I promise you will adore. A light lager works best to create a flavour-packed sauce that absorbs beautifully into the mushrooms and chicken.” What you’ll need: Drizzle of groundnut oil 4 chicken thighs, skin on and bone in 2-cm piece of ginger, peeled and cutinto thin strips 100ml orange juice 150ml beer (preferably a light lager) 1½ tablespoon dark soy sauce ½ star anise 1 pack (250g) shiitake mushrooms About 60g egg noodles
- Article continues below...
- More stories you may like...
- 6 ideas for healthy (and affordable) food swaps
- How environmentally friendly is veganism?
- Don't do these 22 things if you want to get served on a night out
You might also like...
People who read this also read...
CONTRIBUTOR OF THE MONTH