Christmas Recipe: Shallot and Sprout Bubble and Squeak Cakes
Share This Article:
Contrary to popular belief, some people do actually like sprouts. We like to be inclusive here at The National Student, so here's one for those people. Don't judge. Serves: 4 You’ll need: 500g cold mashed potato 150g peeled sprouts, shredded 150g shallots, peeled and diced Sea salt and black pepper 75g butter Nutmeg to taste Olive oil for cooking Flour for making patties Method:
- Melt the butter in a frying pan with half a tablespoon of olive oil. Add the shallots, and fry gently till golden brown but not crisp.
- Toss in the sprouts and stir fry with the shallots until just softened.
- Mix in a bowl with the mashed potato.
- Season with salt, pepper and nutmeg. Allow to cool.
- Divide the mixture into four patties using plain flour on your hands to help shape the mixture.
- Fry the patties in olive oil and a little butter until golden brown on both sides. This takes 5-6 minutes.
You might also like...
People who read this also read...