Recipe: Indonesian braised Chicken in sweet Soy Sauce with Tenderstem Coconut Rice
Share This Article:
An easy to make, mild and sweet curry that satisfies our need for all things eastern... Serves: 4 Preparation time: 15 minutes Cooking Time: 1 hour 30 minutes You’ll need: For the chicken: 1 tbsp vegetable oil 4 chicken legs or 8 chicken thighs (about 900g) 4 Shallots, peeled & quartered 3-4 cloves garlic, chopped 2cm piece root ginger, finely grated 250ml chicken stock, either homemade or made from ½ a stock cube 5 tbsp dark soy sauce 2 tbsp runny honey 1 lemongrass stalk cut in half 240g Tenderstem cut into bite-sized pieces For the rice:
- Article continues below...
- More stories you may like...
- Bounty Easter eggs are here
- Bacon flavoured French fries are now on sale at Asda
- How to get free ice cream in London this week
You might also like...
People who read this also read...
CONTRIBUTOR OF THE MONTH