Chris Pine, Aaron Taylor-Johnson and James Cosmo speak on the historical epic Outlaw King
Share This Article:
We spoke to the cast of Netflix’s new historical epic, Outlaw King. The film follows the life of Robert the Bruce, the legendary Scottish king who secured Scottish independence from the English. Chris Pine, in the starring role, was drawn to the production because “it was a challenge I couldn’t turn down. The man is 600 or so years old, and to pin down who this man was, was more difficult than I thought; but I tried to do justice to the script that was given to me and to the character on the page.” Beyond a historical retelling, James Cosmo states, “I think [Outlaw King] addresses issues of honour and loyalty and family, and I think those attributes are as important now as they were then. And to see it with large, powerful men and characters, it’s like the Romans watching the gladiators, the Spanish watching the bull-fighters… It says, this is how a man should be.”
- Article continues below...
- More stories you may like...
- Dumplin' Review: Netflix finally succeeds in creating a body positive rom-com
- The Old Man and the Gun review - Robert Redford plays a bank robber who escaped prison 18 times
- Mortal Engines review – Peter Jackson’s brilliant, bombastic escapism breaks exciting new ground
You might also like...
People who read this also read...
CONTRIBUTOR OF THE MONTH