First trailer for Mary Poppins Returns drops!
Share This Article:
When a reboot/sequel of the beloved classic Mary Poppins (1964) was announced in 2015 the world shuddered at the thought of Hollywood debasing yet another iconic movie with a tacky and uninspired sequel. However, with musical film veteran Rob Marshall, who brought us classics like Chicago (2004) and Annie (1999), at the helm its safe to say it’s in good hands and if the trailer is any indication, this film looks sure to be a magical continuation of its beloved predecessor. The story appears to pick up twenty or so years after the original left off, with Jane and Michael banks now fully grown and played by British actors Emily Mortimer and Ben Whishaw respectively. Michael now has three children of his own and after the sad passing of his wife both he and Jane appear to have lost their way. Cue Mary Poppins for some much needed magical relief.
- Article continues below...
- More stories you may like...
- Dumplin' Review: Netflix finally succeeds in creating a body positive rom-com
- Mortal Engines review – Peter Jackson’s brilliant, bombastic escapism breaks exciting new ground
- Sandra Oh and Andy Samberg to present 2019 Golden Globes - and here are the nominations!
You might also like...
People who read this also read...
CONTRIBUTOR OF THE MONTH