Foreign Film Friday: Maquia: When The Promised Flower Blooms review - heart-wrenchingly beautiful animation
Share This Article:
Verdict - an amazing film, filled with gorgeous settings, relatable characters and heart wrenching story telling that will make you choke up on multiple occasions. It is well worth the watch. Maquia: When The Promised Flower Blooms, the newest masterpiece by director and writer, Mari Okada, is a heart-wrenchingly beautiful piece of animated filmmaking that deserves all the attention it can receive. Maquia follows the story of an immortal girl and a mortal boy who are bonded in a way that will last a lifetime. This is one of those stories that whilst simple in its basic core, has a ton of lore that keeps the story complicated and interesting and completely changes up the dynamic of certain character interactions.
- Article continues below...
- More stories you may like...
- Donbass review - an epic waste of time
- Octavia Spencer unleashes a new terrifying side in new horror trailer MA
- Guava Island review - Donald Glover and Rihanna find music in a restrictive tropical paradise
You might also like...
People who read this also read...
CONTRIBUTOR OF THE MONTH