The best films coming to Netflix this April
Share This Article:
Netflix has come through this month, as it always does, with a huge selection of titles both new and old for us to watch over Easter instead of revising. Here are our top picks of the film content this month - don't forget to check out the April TV roundup too! 1. Jaws (1975) - 1st April Spielberg's tastes may have moved on from sharks to video games, and shark movies these days tend to complicate matters with tornadoes and the like. Sometimes it's best to keep it simple, and it's literally never not a good time to cosy up with this classic horror flick.
2. Hanna (2011) - 1st April After her Oscar nomination for Lady Bird this year, now's the perfect time to revisit one of Saoirse Ronan's earlier roles as deadly assassin trained from birth by her ex-CIA father (Eric Bana). Follow her as she's pursued across Europe by a ruthless Cate Blanchett. It's the Black Widow origins film Marvel should have given us years ago.
3. American Psycho (2000) - 4th April At a time where men's power and women's role in Hollywood is under intense scrutiny, films like American Psycho take on a whole new meaning. Christian Bale's Wall Street serial killer Patrick Bateman is, if anything, even more horrifying now than it was back in 2000. It begs the question, should films rooted in the brutal rape and murder of women be celebrated as classics?
4. 6 Balloons (2017) - 6th April
- Article continues below...
- More stories you may like...
- Five Ryan Gosling films you probably missed
- Dead in a Week (Or Your Money Back) review - a darkly humorous Brit-flick
- Chris Pine, Aaron Taylor-Johnson and James Cosmo speak on the historical epic Outlaw King
5. Monty Python and the Holy Grail (1975) - 15th April Finally, Netflix has got hold of all the Monty Python content you could possibly dream of! From Holy Grail to The Meaning of Life, with a bunch of TV episodes in between, this colection will certainly tide you over through procrastination exam season!
6. Whiskey Tango Foxtrot (2016) - 19th April This dramedy from Tina Fey follows a daring reporter who decides to take on an assignment in Afghanistan. Filled out by a supporting cast of Margot Robbie, Martin Freeman, and Billy Bob Thornton, this film is based on the memoir of reporter Kim Barker, and has a surprising amount of depth!
7. Mercury 13 - 20th April This Netflix original documentary reveals the life, work, and ultimate disappointment of the 13 American women who underwent and passed the same tests for spaceflight as the men who were selected by NASA for Project Mercury in 1959. After the brilliant success of Hidden Figures (2016), it's about time more stories like this are brought to light. Good luck trying to revise when all these are available at the touch of a button!
You might also like...
People who read this also read...
CONTRIBUTOR OF THE MONTH