Film Stars Don't Die in Liverpool DVD review - Jamie Bell and Annette Bening shine on screen
Share This Article:
A journey of pain, love and loss, Film Stars Don’t Die in Liverpool is not an unusual story, but one of human emotion that pervades all walks of life, even those more accustomed to the red carpet. Told in almost fragmented form, the blossoming romance between Academy Award winning actress Gloria Grahame (Annette Bening) and Peter Turner (Jamie Bell) is one of great complexity, leaving you just as conflicted as they are from scene to scene. Depicting the relationship of two stage actors, the story is told in a style halfway between film and theatre, with one scene flowing effortlessly to the next regardless of differences in time or space. With this and the perfectly fitting soundtrack, you’re transported to 1970s Liverpool and experience the relationship grow alongside Gloria and Peter rather than just watching from afar. The soundtrack not only transports you through time but also graces the film with one of the most contagiously fun dance scenes of 2017, one that is reminiscent of Bell’s earlier work.
- Article continues below...
- More stories you may like...
- Missing Link - animation voiced by Stephen Fry and Emma Thompson gets a new trailer
- Get to know the only 5 women who have ever been nominated for Best Director Oscar
- It's about time the #MeToo movement hits Bollywood, says actress Janina Gavankar
You might also like...
People who read this also read...
CONTRIBUTOR OF THE MONTH