Film Review: Better Watch Out
Share This Article:
Better Watch Out could almost be considered a hidden Christmas gem, buried under all the fanfare of awards season releases. It's a hidden film for sure, so far grossing just under $44,000 worldwide, and certainly a Christmas one, littered with snow, carol singers and some choice seasonal attire. But whether it can be called a gem is hard to say. There's a lot to unpack in terms of what Better Watch Out has to say about male entitlement and the treatment and sexualisation of women, particularly that of teenage girls. But this is a film you'll want to go into blind, so the less said about it for now the better. Maybe its lack of promotion was a smart move after all.
- Article continues below...
- More stories you may like...
- Olivia Hamilton talks First Man and getting into acting
- Josh Hutcherson's most iconic childhood roles
- LFF 2018: Widows review - the most politically explosive film of the year
You might also like...
People who read this also read...
CONTRIBUTOR OF THE MONTH