Film Review: Cell @ FrightFest 2016
Share This Article:
★★☆☆☆ With Steven King horror adaptations such as Misery, The Shining and Carrie going down as some of the best thrillers in history, his latest feature film adaption - brought to life by Tod Williams - certainly has a lot to live up to. The plot of Cell is simple: one day every person who is using a mobile phone suddenly turns into a murderous zombie, controlled by a phone signal amongst apocalyptic madness. What’s not to love? Unfortunately, so much was wrong with this film that it really did make it rather difficult to watch. With an explosive start Cell did successfully jump straight into the action, and the opening was pretty good - it looked to be a promising start.
- Article continues below...
- More stories you may like...
- Jellyfish review - Liv Hill shines in a tragically beautiful coming of age story
- Chuchotage short film review: An attempt at a rom-com falls short
- Get to know the only 5 women who have ever been nominated for Best Director Oscar
You might also like...
People who read this also read...
CONTRIBUTOR OF THE MONTH