Female directors take East End Film Festival Awards by storm
Share This Article:
For the first time in the festival’s 15 year history, all four recipients of East London Film Festival’s jury awards are female. The award-winning films, which focus on a female protagonist at the very heart of the story, include: As I Open My Eyes; Sonita; Adult Life Skills and The Third Dad. The results of the 2016 EEFF’s jury awards bring a tide of change in an industry often criticised for the prevalence of men in front of and behind the camera. “It’s fantastic to see so many women represented – a huge congratulations to all our winners this year,” says East End Film Festival director Alison Poltock. “With women making up less than 14% of filmmakers in the UK, it shows that whilst the quantity may be low, clearly the quality is extremely high.”
- Article continues below...
- More stories you may like...
- How buying water from Co-op helps fund water, sanitation and hygiene programmes in Africa
- This Week you May Have Missed: The Crisis in Nicaragua
- Why the UK needs its own Black Lives Matter moment to wake up to police racism
You might also like...
People who read this also read...
CONTRIBUTOR OF THE MONTH