10 Things Not To Do On Valentine's Dayby Leah Pimlott 05th February 2014 09:16:22
It’s almost that sickeningly romantic time of year again. Yep, Valentine’s Day is just around the corner, so I have decided to help all you sad singletons and cringeworthy couples out there to have a fairly pleasant day.
Here are some very important V-Day tips - it is absolutely vital that you take note of these:
1. Don’t buy your girlfriend a teddy bear. She just doesn’t want a gift so useless and soft! Unless you’re both 6 years old that is. Have a sneaky look around your GF’s room and see if she has any teddy bears on show. If she does, (then it may be time to sit down and have a talk about this issue), you are free to buy her as many Teddy’s as you like. But if she doesn’t, have a re-think about your terrible gift idea.
2. Single people: do not, I repeat, do NOT post bitter tweets or Facebook statuses about how much you hate Valentine’s Day. You’ll just come across as jealous and a bit of a killjoy. Act like you don’t even know this (heart wrenching) day is happening; people will think you’re quite content and happy with your single life. You’re an independent man/woman!
3. Couples: do not post sickening overly ‘romantic’ statuses or tweets about Valentine’s Day. This is just as annoying as single people’s ‘hate’ comments! It’s like you’re trying too hard to make everyone know that you are ecstatically happy and in love. Why not just simply be in love and be happy? Send your soppy post directly to your partner instead.
4. Don’t stay in if you’re single. This is only going to make you think about all the fun that couples are having while you’re home alone and bored. Have a night out with your friends or do something adventurous that you’ve never done before! Just make sure you have a good time.
5. Do not overspend. Not that most of us can even afford to… This isn’t a birthday or Christmas, so you don’t need to get an amazing expensive gift. Just make sure you put some thought into whatever present you buy, and get something that’s a little bit different to the usual chocolates or flowers.
6. Don’t complain or moan! Nobody wants to hear your whinging. So enjoy the day, either with your partner or friends if you’re single. This is a day to show your loved one how much they mean to you, so don’t ruin it by arguing or feeling sorry for yourself.
7. Never go on a first date on Valentine’s Day. If the date is terrible, those memories will stick with you every time V Day comes around. It could make things awkward because it’s putting quite a lot of pressure on both of you as it’s the very first time you’ve gone out together, and it’s supposed to be a super romantic day for couples. Cringe!
8. Do NOT, under any circumstances, call your ex. Just don’t do it. This will make you look a bit desperate and needy, and is clearly just because you don’t want to be alone on V Day. If you want to call your ex that badly, do it on any other day, except Valentines.
9. Don’t wait until the last minute! It’s plain stupid to wait until the day before Valentines to organise things and get your gifts. This will just make you stressed and not enjoy any of it! It may lead to arguments with your partner, and earache is something you probably want to avoid.
10. Last but not least; don’t forget! This is obviously an extremely important one. If you are in a relationship, do not forget Valentine’s Day. Put it in your diary, make a reminder in your phone, stick a note to your forehead!
You can get 15% of your Valentine's Day flowers at www.flyingflowers.co.uk by using the code BIGCHOICE15.