Jimmy McGhie headlines Laughter Lounge
Share This Article:
Comedy came back to the Bridge Bar at Southampton University’s Student Union this week as Laughter Lounge returned for the second time this year. The evening, consisting of feature acts, was hosted by David Whitney, who slowly but surely got into his groove to a packed venue; word spread that around fifty people had been turned away from the venue, it was that busy. Whitney is one of those comedians who mix a confident uppishness with lad humour, who was at his best talking dating lies, but not quite suited to acting as compÑre. Simply, there was too much falling upon crass imagery and cussing to really keep a consistent energy throughout the night.
- Article continues below...
- More stories you may like...
- TNS Review Newsteam Assemble's Debut 'I Can't Lose'
- The Direct Approach - Behind The Scenes at SUSU Elections 2011
- Frequency Fills the Void on Valentine's Day
You might also like...
People who read this also read...
CONTRIBUTOR OF THE MONTH