Theatre Review: Semites @ The Bunker
Share This Article:
“Would you mind if I borrow your shoes?”. At the entrance of the Bunker theatre, the audience are greeted by a tall smiling man asking this very blunt question. Image: Mark Senior This is the conceiver and actor of the verbatim play Semites, Ben Nathan. Beside him his fellow actor, Lara Sawalha, is asking the same question. “Would you mind if I borrow your shoes?” As more people enter the space everyone gets asked this question, and more and more shoes get placed neatly at the back of the very minimalistic set to the tune of “New shoes” by Paolo Nutini.
- Article continues below...
- More stories you may like...
- Theatre Review: Victoria's Knickers @ Soho Theatre
- Theatre Review: Billy Bishop Goes to war @ Jermyn Street Theatre
- World War 1 Centenary: books to commemorate the conflict
You might also like...
People who read this also read...
CONTRIBUTOR OF THE MONTH