Theatre Review: Semites @ The Bunker
Share This Article:
“Would you mind if I borrow your shoes?”. At the entrance of the Bunker theatre, the audience are greeted by a tall smiling man asking this very blunt question. Image: Mark Senior This is the conceiver and actor of the verbatim play Semites, Ben Nathan. Beside him his fellow actor, Lara Sawalha, is asking the same question. “Would you mind if I borrow your shoes?” As more people enter the space everyone gets asked this question, and more and more shoes get placed neatly at the back of the very minimalistic set to the tune of “New shoes” by Paolo Nutini.
- Article continues below...
- More stories you may like...
- If you only read one thing this year... make it Ancillary Justice by Ann Leckie
- Theatre Review: Anomaly @ Old Red Lion Theatre
- Theatre Review: A Christmas Carol @ Royal Shakespeare Theatre, Stratford
You might also like...
People who read this also read...
CONTRIBUTOR OF THE MONTH