Theatre Review: Saint George and The Dragon @ National Theatre
Share This Article:
Saint George and the Dragon is the latest piece of work from Rory Mullarkey, under the direction of Lyndsey Turner. The play is a parable of human susceptibility for order and system, which built from human constructs has the somewhat inevitable potential to swallow up the thing that created it in the first place. St George and the Dragon is a re-imagining of the original myth, and sees ‘George’ attempting to save humanity from the ‘dragon’ which manifests itself across the time in various guises, from a literal dragon to economical ideology.
- Article continues below...
- More stories you may like...
- Saving the bees and learning not to pick flowers: an interview with the creator of 'Me and My Bee'
- Nine books to change your life in 2018
- Madame Tussauds paraded Donald Trump waxwork outside the US embassy he refused to visit
You might also like...
People who read this also read...
CONTRIBUTOR OF THE MONTH