How to deal with criticism and being disliked
Share This Article:
In life people are not always going to like you, so how should you act when the situation arises? Let’s be honest, in a world with 7.5 billion people you are not going to be everyone’s cup of tea. So the question is how do you deal with people not liking you? Firstly, don’t let it get you down! People don’t know you personally and if they’re not willing to get to know you, choosing instead to dislike you from afar, then that is their problem. Life is too short to worry about people’s negative opinions, instead you have to trust that there are people that love and care about you enough to make those that don't seem irrelevant. Indeed the realisation that someone dislikes you should be nothing more than a thought that passes over your head, certainly not something that concerns or hurts you. You could spend hours racking your brain over why someone does not like you, but that would be an awful waste of time. There is simply no point in getting into a feud with that person because you’re not going to change their mind.
- Article continues below...
- More stories you may like...
- Living with OCD: 'Someone would turn a dictionary upside down and ask me if I was bothered'
- 'Bulimia is not a one size fits all' - what it's really like to live with an eating disorder
- Taking care of your nutrition during mental health relapses
You might also like...
People who read this also read...
CONTRIBUTOR OF THE MONTH